International Cord Blood Symposium has nearly 100 travelers from outside the U.S. AABB is committed to serving as a resource of information for our global attendees. Below are a variety of links that will help prospective international attendees navigate the process of traveling to the United States of America.
U.S. visa policy permits citizens of certain countries to travel to the U.S. without a visa when they meet certain requirements under U.S. laws. For more information, visit the Visa Waiver Program website.
Travelers from Non-Visa Waiver Program Countries
Attendees traveling from countries that are not part of the Visa Waiver Program will need to apply for a visa at the American Embassy, Consulate or other visa-issuing office in their country of origin.
To obtain a Visa, you will need the following:
- A letter of Invitation
(To be granted a letter of invitation, you must first be registered to attend the 15th International Cord Blood Symposium)
- A valid passport
- A completed Form DS 160 (Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application)
Obtaining a Visa
If you live in a country that requires a visa to visit the Unites States, please review the information on the following websites:
- U.S. Department of State Visitor Visa
- U.S. Department of State Visa Application Procedures
- U.S. Embassies, Consulates and Diplomatic Missions – Website
- The National Academy of Science International Visitors Office
If you require a Visa we urge to apply as early as possible:
- Check online for the wait times for appointments.
- Attach evidence of your previous visits to the United States.
- Attach evidence of your return trip to your home country.
- Acquire a police clearance, if possible.
- Bring all documentation proving your home country connections.
- Suggestions include:
- Past visas
- Bank accounts
- Professional position
- Proof of home ownership
- Marriage license
- Suggestions include:
If appropriate, bring copies of correspondence confirming you are:
- Presenting an Abstract
- Speaking at the Symposium
- Receiving an award
Bring your letter of invitation from AABB.
Request a Letter of Invitation
In order to receive a letter of invitation from AABB, you must be registered for the 15th International Cord Blood Symposium.
*You will be able to print a .pdf file of your invitation letter.
If you have any specific problems, please contact the Bureau of Counselor Affairs at email@example.com.